Excellent recently brought together influential EX practitioners, future thinkers, and ideators to create the world’s first EX manifesto.
Contributors included leaders from Warner Brothers, Patagonia, IBM, AirBnB, Uber, Netflix, Eventbrite, and our very own Kalyn Ponti (KP), Suzanne Cross and Jenny Williams.
Our Chief Executive, KP, travelled to Austin, Texas to take part and has written an update to share with our community. Sneak peak, the day was incredible!
It was an honour (and a lot of fun!) working on the world’s first EX Manifesto. There is still work to do to consolidate the incredible thinking, but the ideation and co-creation couldn’t have gone better. The energy and commitment to continue carrying this work forward together was energising and humbling.
The purpose of the EX Manifesto
It’s time to shift the global perspective and shared understanding of what EX actually is and what it does for the organisations who embrace it.
The EX Manifesto will;
- define the principles that truly matter in EX design,
- guide the next generation of practitioners in their work,
- raise the profile of EX to its rightful place as a crucial function for every organisation, and
- be freely accessible and distributable in perpetuity.
What we worked through
- the highest priority in EX right now,
- what EX done well looks like and how it’s measured,
- the skills required to implement EX,
- how to ensure the concept of EX is sustainable, effective, and evolving, and
- who within an organisation owns EX.